Bellak Color recognizes that our planet is our most valuable resource. We have built our business on sensible alternatives that help sustain our global environment, and enable us to keep our prices low on high-quality products our customers can take pride in.
We offer a range of eco-friendly printing options that provide our customers a print project that will have the lightest environmental footprint possible. Reducing, Reusing and Recycling is our way of letting our customers be green.
As part of our green initiatives, Bellak Color complies with the principles and requirements of Chain-of-Custody programs endorsed by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®). We are regularly audited independently to ensure we continuously meet these requirements.
Forest certification programs provide an assurance mechanism to purchasers of wood and paper products that the wood used in our printing comes from responsible managed forests. Responsible managed forests are those whose supply chain participants implement performance standards based on internationally-agreed environmental, social and economical requirements.
By subscribing to these principles and disciplines, we are supporting paper manufacturers that:
- Protect endangered and high conservation value forests
- Guarantee that no more wood is harvested than is regrown
- Replant or help naturally regenerate trees after harvesting
- Integrate social concerns including the rights of indigenous communities worldwide
- Encourage local employment
- Guarantee that forests are maintained as habitats for wild animals and plants
- Protect soil and climate for the benefit of forest development
By using FSC® certified paper, our customers are helping preserve precious natural resources.
In addition to our FSC® certification, the following is a list of daily practices we adhere to, which help illustrate our commitment to conducting business with minimal environmental impact.
- Reusing paper whenever possible and recycling paper that can no longer be reused
- Encouraging clients to use recycled paper as well as paper made from responsible resources whenever possible
- Using only vegetable based inks
- Using water based, alcohol free fountain solutions in all of our presses
- Using low VOC (volatile organic compound) solvents
- Recycling aluminum printing plates
- Recycling unusable/expired inks